Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

FrankensteinFrankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Classics have always had a certain affect on me. It is not how many pages there are, nor is it the subject matter. It always comes down to the fact that I find them intimidating because of the language. They always remind me of high school, and the idea that classics are to be studied and read slowly to fully understand.

I was wrong. Frankenstein proved to me that not all classics are difficult reads, or hard to understand.

I flew through this one and found it entertaining, smart and completely understood without having to look up a single word in the dictionary.

So thank you to Frankenstein to making me more confident, as I feel I am no longer tentative about picking up other books I have also felt intimidating as well.



View all my reviews

Comments