Immortal Shadow by Anderson Atlas

Immortal Shadow (Heroes of Distant Planets #3)Immortal Shadow by Anderson Atlas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This story is one that I would imagine being published in a short story anthology. You will not get a fully rounded novel with character development, themes or a story arch. The story tells of a slave who becomes so strong that he able to confront all of the challenges presented to him and given the opportunity to rule his own planet.

Jibbawk is an ultimate ruler, if he does not agree with you or your in the wrong place at the wrong time, your dead. There is only one exception. The teenager from Earth who helps Jibbawk obtain the knowledge of Earth by fetching him books, and technology. For this Jibbawk is grateful and makes attempts to provide Adam with comforts and companionship. Little does Jibbawk know that Adam is also teaching the people how to stand up to Jibbawk and keeping secrets from him. When there is trouble the people rise up.

I found this story to be very entertaining I was immediately sucked in and with so much happening it all goes by very fast. I was surprised, intrigued and grossed out watching Jibbawk, a creature with no empathy, charges through this setting with the one desire to become immortal.

This is the first book I have read by the author and it does not have to be read in series order. I feel like if given more development in world building, character growth and plot it would make a really good full length novel.




View all my reviews

Comments