Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman



Falling in Love, baking a magical cake, fighting an evil necromancer—it’s all in a day’s work for Audrey Oliver, seventeen-year-old witch-in-training. When her mother goes missing and her twenty-one-year-old witchy cousin shows up out of the blue, Audrey knows something’s gone horribly, dangerously wrong. Now it’s up to her to get her own magical powers up to speed before everyone she loves is destroyed by the sorcerer intricately connected to her mother’s secret past

Cover:
Very appealing cover, I like the spiral effect and the coloring. I for one am a huge fan of the girls in dresses on covers.

Beginning:
The start of the story took me some time to get into. Learning the characters, the setting and pacing was something that I did have to get used to. When I initially picked up the book, it was a lot larger than I thought it would be.

Middle:
The pacing and plot really starts to pick up around chapter 5. Lets just say the magic really starts to happen. The pace really does start to pick up and I was getting pretty excited to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I was still a little unsteady about how I felt about Audrey's character, she was still growing on me. But I really enjoyed the magic and witchcraft that beings to take place.

End:
Without spoilers, I enjoyed the ending of the story because the connection between Audrey and her sister. I liked to see her take a protective stance and horrified by the events that take place right at the end. My heart broke for what the girls had to go through and witness with their mother. I was on the edge of my seat for awhile.
The story has a great villain that you will love to hate. Evil that keeps the anticipation and the heart beat racing. I couldn't read those last pages fast enough.

Comments