The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy #1) by J.A. Redmerski




After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many
(From goodreads.com) You can now enter to win a copy on Goodreads.com through May 25th

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this story. I knew it sounded good from the description but I didn't expect to not want to put it down. As the beginning chapters started playing out I had several mental flashbacks to the movie GingerSnaps. Two close sisters, a wolf like creature and them getting attacked and one of them relying on the boy to help her. But this story went in a different direction pretty quick. I just didn't want to stop reading.
There were several different layers to the story and the plot unraveled well with twists I didn't see coming. Especially when it came to the end of the book and we got to see the "young man" parents and the, I guess it would be the politics of how the group was run. The romance factor was not overwhelming or to angsty for me.
This story had a lot more depth to it that I thought it would initially going in. It was darker and more sexual as well. The writing really had a way of drawing me in and after finishing it became really happy that it's part of a trilogy

Sexual scenes and language.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Krista. I'm so glad you liked it. I found your blog by accident and saw that you had already read THE MAYFAIR MOON and posted a review - how awesome! :-) Book two, KINDRED, will be released in July.

    P.S. I'm a huge Ginger Snaps fan, so you were right in finding a small comparison. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?