Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


Angelfire (Angelfire - Trilogy)

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
Descrption from Goodreads.com
This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.
A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.
While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember

I have said it before: There are a lot of Angel books coming out these days in the Young Adult genre.
So there is obviously a lot of competition out there. But this book stands out.
It's got action, adventure, blood, fire, reapers, angels and a touch of romance. I think it's a great start to the series and very interesting world and concepts developed here that can lead to some awesome story-lines and some very descriptive well written fight scenes.
Have to say that in this book her father really stands out. I mean if I were more prone to swearing I'd have a couple choice words for his attitude and behavior. I'd really like to see where that story goes in the future books. 
Quirky thoughts: so this whole book I couldn't get out of my head: How does she go to school all day, fight reapers all night, and not complain about not getting enough sleep?
Answer: She's got awesomesauce for blood.
So if your looking for a tamer more romance filled book pick up Fallen by Lauren Kate or Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, because in Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton your gonna get an awesome kick-ass Ellie who you don't wanna mess with!
And if you have read this book and looking for an angel book with great action or twists, I recommend Unearthly by Cynthia Hand or Angel Burn by L.A.Weatherly
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed.
Angelfire (Angelfire - Trilogy)  


                                                   

Comments

  1. I love this cover. You've made me want to read Angelfire. Sounds good because I like kick-ass broads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has been sitting on my bookshelf for months. I really need to cross off some YA books. I feel a personal readathon coming up. Thanks for reminding me that I need to read Angelfire soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?