The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness




Description fron Goodreads:
Todd Hewitt is the last boy in Prentisstown.
But Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in a constant, overwhelming, never-ending Noise. There is no privacy. There are no secrets.
Or are there?
Just one month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd unexpectedly stumbles upon a spot of complete silence.
Which is impossible.
Prentisstown has been lying to him.
And now he's going to have to run...

One thing I can say about this book is that it has never-ending action and twists in every chapter. Every time you think that Todd has over come one danger, he's in even more and still running.
Patrick Ness' writing style takes a while to get used to. It is unlike anything I have ever read and not exactly sure what the style is called to refer to. But like Priscilla at TheReadables http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frR1vPwdraM  says "read the first couple of pages while at the story, and you'll get it" The link above she also gives a very loving very energetic review of this book.
My favorite aspect of the book was the characters. I found them all very awesome, even the mean guys. You wanted the battle to play out. I have to say my favorites were Manchee, his dog and Viola. This style of writing takes awhile to get into and I also had trouble focusing on the audiobook as well. I originally picked up the audiobook and found it jumping all over the place and hard to follow, so I picked up a copy of the book and figured out it's written that way. I attempted the audiobook again and found that I really did enjoy the story from both aspects, written and word.
So if you looking for a different kind of tale, with lots of action, loss and heartache told from a boys perspective check this one out!

Comments