I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four. by Pittacus Lore (Lorien Legacies)
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
    
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.
I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.
I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT
The book that everybody seems to be talking about (since the movie comes out..today)
Very exciting read about 9 aliens and their cartakers taking shelter here on Earth from the Mogadorian's who have destroyed their home planet of Lorien. The author goes into some great and awesome details of the history of Lorien, the developing of the alien's powers and the overall training of how to use their powers.
Of course as the title shows we follow #4 through this story and his "Cepan" or caretaker/father figure is my favorite character in the book, and I am always a sucker for the animals, loved the dog as well. Back on subject, we follow #4 hiding from the Mogadorian's that have come to Earth that have to kill the guardians in order of their numbers. "John Smith' as he is known through most of the book attends the local high school and of course meets the "girl of his dreams" type character and his enemy, the school bully on his first day.
He also starts developing his powers, powers that he will need to destroy the Mogadorian's when they eventually find him.
The romance aspect of the book was a little on the cheesy side, but it was not heavy and mushy.
I really liked the school Bully, he pushes John, who then in turn has to maintain control (or not) if his powers so their cover is not blown.
The last handful of chapters is where the adventure really gets heavy and exciting, of course leading into the second book.
My favorite parts are where the history of Lorien and the imagry we get of the home planet through the stories and John's training sessions. Of course I loved most of the characters and think the second book will lead us into more adventure and excitement. Oh, and the Alien Mogadorian's are kinda creepy monster creatures that are very well described.

Comments

  1. Just finished I Am Number Four this evening. It was fantastic! I was so into it I couldn't put it down. I just wanted to know what happened. Now I can't wait until The Power of Six comes out. I plan to see the movie this weekend. I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/19/2011

    I'm reading this now...will probably finish tonight. Good to know I'll not be disappointed in the ending!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?