Book Review: The Devouring by Simon Holt


Happy Halloween and what an interesting month in books! I have topped off my reading with The Devouring by Simon Holt. This man is a genius when it comes to scaring the pants off you. I was very entertained. I will be having nightmares, and I definitely will be picking up the rest of this series immediately. This story left me saying OMG! It made my skin crawl and put my senses on overdrive. There was one particular page in mind, where I even read with one eye closed and the other barely open. I needed to find out what happened next, but I am sooo grossed out by spiders it made me shiver. From that page on I read with such verocity I knew that there was no way I was going to bed until it was finished.
          My opinion: Pick this one up! It's a young adult novel, it is creepy so if you are prone to nightmares, you may need to beware. I feel like writing to all major motion pictures and pimping out this book, I would love to see this one as a movie! I am speechless and all I have to say is WOW!

Comments