My Favorite Band Does Not Exist by Robert T. Jeschonek


I have to admit I had trouble following this story sometimes as I read. It was confusing for me having the main character being named Idea Diety, living in a novel were the band is just a figment of his imagination? There seemed to be so much to wrap my mind around I have to admit I read it slower than I usually do to try to keep a grip on what was happening and why. This book was kinda trippy and I can see why the publisher may use the word Metaphysical when describing it. My brother who is an animator would be a perfect match for this book, it takes you outside of your normal thinking and for me I kept picturing an anime or cartoon world following Idea and Eunice in their adventures. If you are looking for a different type of read and something that will challenge your way  of thinking you should check this one out. It's like a comic book but written in novel form. Somebody should make this one into a Manga.
Synopsis from Publisher Sixteen-year-old genius Idea Deity believes that he exists only in the pages of a novel written by a malevolent, omnipotent author . . . and that he will die in chapter 64. Meanwhile, another teen named Reacher Mirage sings lead vocals for the undercover rock band Youforia . . . a band that exists in Idea’s world only as an Internet hoax that Idea himself perpetuated. Then there’s beautiful and mysterious Eunice Truant, who links their destinies. When Idea and Reacher plunge into the reality of Fireskull's Revenant, the twisted epic fantasy novel they’ve both been reading, chapter 64 bears down on them like a speeding freight train on an unstoppable collision course. Being trapped in a bad book can be a nightmare. Just ask Idea Deity.

Comments

  1. huh. yeah, confusing. lol, i even have a hard time following the synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very hard to follow and really do think it would make a better visual book (comics or anime) to help visually show you the descriptions. I do think that there is an audience for it though, my brother would love it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?