Legacy by Cayla Kluver


Description and picture from Harlequin's site: Legacy by Cayla Kluver
I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.

In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures and intruder—a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy—Alera is alarmed…and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.
I did it again, I jumped into a book not realizing it was going to be a series. I loved the beginning of this story. The setting up of the story and the intro to the characters. But then I felt that the story seemed to back off a lot and it got into a lot of descriptions and setting. I missed the pace from the beginning of the story. But, the story picks up again before it ends and then, yep you guessed it left me with a bazillion questions and I realized it was a "to be continued" ending.
Totally my bad though, you'd think that I would have learned by now to check this stuff, but I got so excited I just jumped right into it. But now that I have learned more about the series, I think it's going to be awesome. I still think the first book dragged in the middle, but I feel that I am going to appreciate it more in the next books because I now have the background of the storyline.
I would not call the romance in this story a love triangle at all. You do have some competition between the two but as she completely loathes one of the guys it's really not much of a triangle but more of a follow your heart and not your head, kind of a story.
This story reads like a historical and a fairy tale. Castles, Kings, Princess and politics. I am very interested in seeing what happens next with Allegiance and then you KNOW something good has got to be going on in that third book with a title like Sacrifice.
You can follow the author on twitter @CaylaKL or check out her book on the Harlequin link at the beginning of the post!
Thx for stopping by the blog today!
Happy Reading
Krista

Comments